Lent is a season of penitence, reflection, prayer, and catechesis. Lent is 40 days long, but does not include Sundays. It begins with Ash Wednesday on February 17, 2021. For more information about Lent, please click on Worship/Congregational Life – Church Year.
Every Wednesday during the Lenten season we have a midweek worship service at 7:30 PM.
For our Ash Wednesday service, we also have the Imposition of Ashes and Holy Communion.
The sermon theme for the 2021 Lenten Midweek Services will be “Four Signficant Days.”
1. Ash Wednesday: Significant Problem—Last Day in the Garden, Genesis 3:19
2. Lenten Midweek 2: Significant Action—Monday of Holy Week, Mark 11:15–19
3. Lenten Midweek 3: Significant Questions—Tuesday of Holy Week, Mark 12:28–37
4. Lenten Midweek 4: Significant Teaching—Tuesday of Holy Week, Matthew 23:1–12
5. Lenten Midweek 5: Significant Final Appearance—Tuesday of Holy Week, John 12:23–36
6. Lenten Midweek 6: Significant Deal—Wednesday of Holy Week, Luke 22:1–6
Click below for a Lenten devotional booklet produced by Lutheran Hour Ministries.
Lenten Devotion 2021 Large Print (Finished size: 8.5″ x 11″) Colored
Lenten Devotion 2021 Large Print (Finished size: 8.5″ x 11″) Black and White
Lenten Devotion 2021 Booklet (Finished size: 5.5″ x 8.5″) Colored
Lenten Devotion 2021 Booklet (Finished size: 5.5″ x 8.5″) Black and White